_ Design your SFG garden online
SFG Planner is created specifically for Square Foot Gardening.
Now you can plan your Square Foot Garden online, quickly and easily, and get maximum results.
_ Step 1: Define the garden beds
Click and drag on the design surface to define your garden beds. A typical SFG garden bed is 4X4. You can move garden beds around by dragging them with a mouse.
If you need to delete a garden bed, right-click on it and select "Delete bed".
_ Step 2: Pick crops to plant in each square
Click on a square. Type a crop name, or pick from a list. If you need to change the planting date or other properties, click 'Edit'.
You can specify multiple subsequent crops by clicking Replant button.
_ Step 3: Print your garden plan
Select Print button at the top to print your garden bed. Make sure to use Print Preview so that your garden plan prints as you desire.
_About Square Foot Gardening
_Square foot gardening method was developed by Mel Bartholomew and is described in his book _"All New Square Foot Gardening".
If you're just starting your vegetable garden, or if you're tired of hard work with your existing garden, SFG is your best bet.
- Uses raised beds, subdivided into squares of 1' X 1' size (or 30cm X 30cm).
- Each square may contain a different crop.
- The number of plants in each square depends on the crop, for example: 16 radishes, or 9 carrots, or 1 tomato.
- Uses a special soil mix, containing 1/3 compost blend, 1/3 peat moss, 1/3 vermiculite.
- Requires little space
- Easy to understand and follow
- Way less work than traditional methods
- 5 times the harvest, 50% the cost, 10% the water
_Video: Mel Bartholomew - Introducing Square Foot Gardening
_Wikipedia: Square Foot Gardening
_Mel's book on Amazon.com: